My unforgettable journey
We have been to Kedleston Hall a day ago with our Warwick Applied Linguistics team. It was my first trip to a historical castle as an international student. I dreamt to visit such castles since my childhood, to be honest. I really wanted to feel that atmosphere when I watched the movies "Pride and Prejudice", "The Duchess", "Wuthering Heights" etc. I am a huge fan of historical movies, books and sights.
We have a great team of PhD and Master's students. We were guided by our amazing professor Tilly Harrison. We had such a nice experience thanks to her efforts.
I loved the clean and fresh weather and immense landscapes there. I am back home now with full of impressions, peace and tranquility in my heart. I love how people treat the nature here in the UK. Trees are sacred and not cut randomly. I have seen centuries old trees in the forest walk and felt so nice and harmonious with the nature. Besides, I am impressed how people care to their children's attitude to nature in England. They walk along the forest with their kids and play some interesting games with them which serves to spend the time meaningfully together, strengthen family bonds and promotes positive and loving attitude to the nature. I witnessed people bringing their kids to the castle, showing historical artefacts, the halls, portraits and answering to their questions in detail and patiently which I think raises intesest and respect in children to the glorious history. I experienced it in Oxford National Museum as well. I believe, such trips are important both for parents and the kids. People care so much about history here.
I was very impressed by the decorations, portraits, dishes and the carpet in the dining hall. It is full of art and creativity.
The trip was wonderful and adventurous. I believe, such experiences serve to build stronger rapport and broaden the horizons of people. Thank you!
So nice to see you guys spending a wonderful day in Kedleston Hall! Like your pics:))
ReplyDelete