Try Bamboozle to make the lessons fun😊
Bamboozle is an online game-based learning platform that offers huge variety of games for different levels and interests of learners. Even though Bamboozle is an amazing choice for younger learners with a lot of animated effects and funny photos in each question, higher level and older age learners, to be more specific, university level students may also benefit from its use. This platform is helpful for teachers to promote group collaboration and make strong bonds. Muslimin et. al., (2024) asserted that English language teachers should use the benefits of technology to elevate their teaching outcomes to create more engaging classrooms.
Usually the games are played in two groups with 16 questions on the board and each group should choose a number to find the answer for a question. I mostly witness while playing, my students are excited and motivated when they find correct answers😊 It seems they may have high dopamine levels while playing the game. Also, Bamboozle stimulates quick thinking and concentration because of its short timed format. Bamboozle can be used for revision activities and vocabulary practices. Moreover, it can be applied to check general knowledge and awareness of students on particular topics. A research study by Wulandari et al., (2024) found out that Bamboozle triggers brain to challenge, enhances user interaction by incorporating visual and auditory elements and is very effective with vocabulary acquisition for junior high school students. I mostly play Bamboozle games in my classes as supplementary activity to energize my students and to enhance their participation. However, the group who won the game may laugh at the group who lost; therefore, teachers should be warning students to follow ethical rules of the classroom in the beginning of the game.
Not every student may be included to the game actively. Introvert students may stay silent throughout the game while talkative and active students may be shouting and giving answers because the rule of the game is based on speed and correct answers. Not involving all students can be the limitation of the game. Another limitation could be Internet connection, computer technologies and projectors to facilitate the game in low resource contexts.
I have created several games with Bamboozle😊 and I use them in my classes to achieve better productivity. Here are the links of some of the Bamboozle games that I made for Linguistics, Assessment and SLA classes for MA TESOL students. You may feel free to visit these links and use them in your classes😊
References
Muslimin, A. I., & Ivone,
F. M. (2024). Exploring Game-Based Language Learning Applications: A
Comparative Review of Quizwhizzer, Oodlu, Quizalize, and Bamboozle. Indonesia
Technology-Enhanced Language Learning (iTELL) Journal, 1(1), 20-28.
Wulandari, W., Susanto, D. A.,
& Hawa, F. (2024). Exploring Bamboozle as Games-Based Learning Media to
Support Students’ Vocabulary: Its application in the classroom. Innovative:
Journal Of Social Science Research, 4(2), 6542-6551.



I tried the game you made. It does work well for instantaneous memory.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing them! Can’t wait to try one out!😄
ReplyDeleteHi Fotima, I really like the game you designed! Soooo much fun, I'm really engaged.
ReplyDelete